Saturday, March 31, 2012

Silence

Dark silence sits on the seed under the dirt.  Even though it holds much life and potential for great fruit it is just quiet for a time.  The common eye can't see or even know what is about to spring forth.  Unaware of it's magic the seed slowly softens and opens.  Yep, it needs this dark and silent place in order that life might erupt.

Recently, we were visiting with some of our missionary friends that came to Haiti about the same time as us.  We've shared some similar experiences (like the ones we last blogged about a month ago).  She shared that she feels like a planted seed, under the soil, in the dark, hidden in silence.  Just waiting.  Waiting for life to push through.  The next day Jason and I were making our grocery run and David Crowder's newest and last album was playing in the truck.  He set it to this song saying, "When she shared last night about being a seed this is the song I thought of."  It was perfectly captured.  Later that day we shared it with her husband.  He laughed but it was mixed with a tinge of, "This silence isn't easy."

We've also found a silent place under the earth.  It's been a month of quiet.  A month of waiting and praying for what the Lord is going to open up.  Decisions need to be made as we near the end of our first stretch here in Haiti.  We're praying about a lot.

Sorry to many of you who check here often to see what adventures we might be up to.  We're still here but its quiet, dark and we're waiting for Him to bring forth our little sprouts.  Maybe you can relate in your own circumstances.  Remember that He is our Hope and His Hope never-ever disappoints!  He always has a plan.  It's good to remember that He is the plan Master and His plans never fail!  Spring is here!  We're ready Lord when You are!  Enjoy Crowder's take!


Oh I've been pushed down into the ground
Oh how I have been trampled down
So many feet on top of me
I can't help but sink, sink, sink

Oh I've been pushed down into the ground
Oh how I have been trampled down
Lord I put my trust in thee
You won't turn Your back on me

Oh I am a seed
Oh I am a seed
I've been pushed down into the ground
But I will rise up a tree

Oh I can see it won't be long
Till I break free from what I was
Your river of grace flows endlessly
You won't turn Your back on me

Oh I am a seed
Oh I am a seed
I've been pushed down into the ground
But I will rise up a tree

I've been burned up in so many fires
From these ashes I will rise
Lord Your power has rescued me
For You I'll always sing

Oh I am a seed
Oh I am a seed
I've been pushed down into the ground
But I will rise up a tree

Oh I am a seed
Oh I am a seed
Won't stay long here in this earth
When You rain Your love on me
Lord, rain Your love on me

2 comments:

  1. I think that is ho-down music. :D And that the title silence doesn't quite work with that song. :) (But I still get what your talking about)
    Miss you guys, This much *stretches arms out to reveal that I've grown an inch since you left*
    TTYL,
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me think of a Piper conference message I've listened to recently called "Praying in the Power of the Spirit". Don't know if it would also be of encouragement to you? Love you guys! Your postcard made all the Merrihews smile...well...maybe not Joia, but the rest of us were excited to hear from you :) Just give her some time - hee hee.

    ReplyDelete