Monday, July 11, 2011

Duathlon?

A few days ago I didn't know what a duathlon was.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I've never heard that word before.

Our friend, Michelle, asked my wife to run/bike in a duathlon with her in about 7 weeks.

Andrea asked me if I wanted to do it too.

I looked up a training schedule for a duathlon and most of them "assumed" that I was already working out on a regular basis (I wasn't) and they tailored their program based on that false assumption.

But, here we are, about 7 weeks out from running and biking this thing in Boulder, CO.

In this particular duathlon we'll be enjoying a 5k run followed by a 17 mile bicycle ride and finish with another 5k run. Should be interesting.

The organization that is running the event is "Your Cause Sports" - www.yourcausesports.org
The idea is that you run and bike for a non-profit organization of your choosing. We are registered under Christian World Outreach and any donations we get will go directly to CWO after the race is over. The funds will be used for ministry in Haiti.

If you're interested in being a sponsor here are the links to do it:

Andrea

Jason

Lastly, if you want to join in on the fun we'd love to run and bike with you. All you have to do is sign up at www.yourcausesports.org  We already have a team of about 6 or 7 going! The more the merrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment