Saturday, May 14, 2011

Getting Closer

Alas a little rest in FL with one more flight to go in the *early* a.m.

We made it to Florida.  Most people on our flight/shuttle are anticipating Florida's fabulous tourist attractions.  Not us.  Jason looked over at me on the hotel shuttle to say, "Can you believe we are doing this?"  I laughed through tired, traveling eyes and honestly admitted that I've had that discussion in my head a few times today.  "What are we doing?!"  "We are really doing this."  "Why, again, are we doing this?!"  Then the truth comes flooding in - conversation with God.   Reminding ourselves of the many stories of God's leading and provision this whole journey through.  "Oh yeah - we're following Him."  Focus and peace restored in the middle of a surreal moment.  No we're not here to see Disney World.

1 comment:

  1. Disney? Waiting in lines...watching people running all over, some having fun...some with that lost look in their eyes...most people not smiling because of the stress of trying to *take* IT ALL...in.

    No...that`s not for you at this moment in time...

    I cherish the seasons I was able to spend with you guys and of course the may baskets...

    You all taught me sooooooooooo much!

    Onward Christian Soldiers...

    ReplyDelete