Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Coincidence? I Think Not.

Our God is so involved in the every day happenings of our lives. Sometimes, He uses the most unexpected things to say, "Hey, I see you. I know you. I am God and I am for you." It is very refreshing and reassuring when He reminds us of His leading presence in a specific way.

With this in mind, let me tell you the story:
While Jason was away he asked if I would work on our newsletter. Since, we are total novices at all of this, it takes us awhile forever to figure out layout, etc. Our desire and prayer is to worship Him even while navigating Microsoft Word. Not only do we want to communicate Haiti-happenings but also stir our faith family to enjoy God together. So, Sunday afternoon I was pondering what verse to share in the text box staring at me on the screen. Isaiah 58 came to mind. This verse keeps challenging us. Ah-ha, it just clicked. I focused in on verse 10. That's it!

Meanwhile, several states and an ocean away, Jason is sitting at church in Haiti, on Sunday. What looks to be an offering bag is really a scripture bag. You see someone thoughtfully writes down scripture references ahead of time and folds them individually, accordion style, for each person to draw one out. Every verse is different and meant to serve you throughout the week. This is your verse to meditate on, share, pray through and maybe memorize. The bag came to Jason and he took his.
He unfolds it to find...
Isaiah 58:10. "This is funny", he thinks, "Isaiah 58 seems to be following us."

Our Isaiah stories came crashing together, with great delight, while driving home Tuesday.

As a result, I've been savoring Him all day and counting His kindness even in this. He is here with us. He knows us and is intimately involved in our lives. Why I forget that so easily, is a most frustrating malfunction called sinful doubt.

Our missionary friends told us to write these things down (big and small) so that you can treasure them in your heart; building a reference book for future enjoyment of God's faithfulness and kindness. They tell us we're going to need it when it seems like nothing is working right. We're taking their advice.

Psalm 103:13-15
"As a father pities his children, so the LORD pities those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust."

No comments:

Post a Comment