Our minds are swirling with mental lists of things to do, things to savor, praises to offer while watching (sometimes patiently) as to how these transitions will come together in His way. Midway prioritization by the coffee pot this morning, the Spirit brought to mind this verse:
But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; -Philippians 3:7-9
Our year in Minnesota has been a timely gift from God. We discovered that our prompting list of reasons to make the jump from McCook to here weren't all together His reasons. Heavy on our hearts is deep thankfulness for His faithfulness to us as our Heavenly Father and anticipation for the season ahead. I must admit that I am battling a grabby lust for the joys of the city (which is sin); knowing that rural Nebraska doesn't have the Twin Cities' charms. Hence, the Spirit, faithfully applying Pilippians 3:7-9.
Pray for us as we transition and check things off of our list.
Pray that we'd remain Heavenly minded; seeing and savoring Jesus through it all - that the mind of Christ would purify our motives and keep us focused on Eternity. Thank you.
1) We're outta-here! Our lease is up August 31st. We've gone rounds on where to move and when but it seems our next stop is Scottsbluff, Nebraska. We'll stay with my parents in Mitchell for a little while until housing/job details are more clear.
Praise God we have a landing spot! Pray that we would walk in the grace afforded to us during this transition to live & love in close quarters with extended family - that we would be a blessing to my parents & that this co-existing season would be fruitful in depth of relationship to God & each other.
2) We've booked our U-Haul for this Sunday, the 29th. Our goal is to load and drive part of the way to Nebraska; finishing the rest of the trip on Monday and Lord willing, we'll unload into a storage unit in Scottsbluff.
Pray for a joyful, God-glorifying journey and a safe trip. Moving provides ample opportunities to stress thus squeezing out the dross of irritability & worry from our hearts. We want to be full of praise, joy and patience as we load & travel!
3) Jason will return to Minnesota on Tuesday to hopefully finish out his two week notice. He has a potential job available in Nebraska but the timing isn't quite yet. It seems good stewardship for him to stay a little while longer and collect paychecks as we tie up expenses in MN and restart in Scottsbluff.
Would you pray for his time & heart while we're apart? It can get super lonely. But the time gap can provide loads of free time for Jason to enjoy & utilize wisely. Pray for future employment provision for the next year. Also pray for traveling safety as he commutes. Thanks.
4) We've yet to decide on housing in Scottsbluff.
Pray that we would look to Him to provide and make wise decisions.
5) Homeschool starts September 13th.
I must admit this is a big deal for me. I like to have my ducks in a row. Something about organization & concentration. It is looking like we'll be doing school out of totes at my mom's. Pray that we'd do this flexible schooling well; bringing glory to His Name in all of our transitioning.