Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Living Now for the Future

I found this morning's devotions helpful as we look ahead...

"The believer must refuse to rely on past virtuous deeds & achievements in ministry or to dwell on sins & failures. To be distracted by the past debilitates one's efforts in the present." -j. macarthur

"Not that I have already attained or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:12-14

The goal for living right now, this very minute is Christlikeness. The future prize is Christ, Himself, face to face. Christlikeness should be my motivation & goal whatever today may bring.


No comments:

Post a Comment